Hi, Shaun.
Um...That definitely isn't something that would work. First of all I'd
have to create some sort of ogg decoder to decode all the ogg files
and decompress them backinto wav files after install. Even if I did
what would be the point?
The thing is if you convert a PCM wav file into ogg, mp3, wma, etc the
compression removes some of the audio data to compress it down into
that file. If you extract that mp3, ogg, wma, etc back into wav you
can't get that lost audio data back. It is gone forever. So no matter
what you are going to lose audio quality by using any compressed file
types. If I was going to do that I might as well just save everything
as ogg and decompress the data into memory when the game starts up. It
will lag a little bit that way, but is more sensable than your
suggestion of decode the files during install.

Cheers!