Hi Thomas,
I don't think you should compromise making the MOTA smaller.
In today's world, if a person doesn't have a high speed internet connection then they will be missing out on plenty of things more than just large games, such as digital books on the BARD site and podcasts.
You could recommend a download manager such as GetRight,
www.getright.com

That is what I ran when I was using a dial-up modem.
Phil