Hi Nicol,
You were probably too close to the harpy to injure/kill her. After all
if you are going to use a sword, gun, or even throw a punch there has
to be some space between you and the enemy to maneuver around some.
You can't be exactly at the same location she is to injure/kill the
harpy.
BTW, harpies are always female not male. By definition they are half
woman/half bird creatures. If there are male harpies out there they
aren't apart of the official Greek methology.

Smile.