Hi Kevin & Dark et al,

Extant is intended as an audio game 'pur sang' - so audio-only and no graphics. During the game there is a single graphic visible on screen of the Extant logo, which consists of the letters 'E tant' in positive, while the 'x' is in negative with a blue/greenish light coming from behind it. Above the logo is the text "Stay Alive" and in the bottomleft and -right corners are the logo's of AudioGames.net and CreativeHeroes.

At this moment we do not intend to include graphics for further incarnations of Extant. We really want to focus on high-quality-audio-only games and not on blind-accessible video games because of several reasons (personal interest, innovation, development time/resources, etc.) The game is built using Unity (http://unity3d.com/) which includes a powerful 3D graphics engine. For development we used 3D graphic primitives (squares and spheres and such), which allowed us to quickly build the game in a visual manner (simply drag and drop sound sources unto a big sphere). Other interactions also include visual elements.For example, when you fire a bullet, there is an actual 3d sphere primitive that is shot at the monster (a 3D primitive). This allows for accurate targeting, not only from left to right, but also nearby and far away. Whenever you shoot at a monster far away, you'll hear the impact a moment later compared to when you shoot from nearby. But the visuals are only used for game development and all visual rendering is turned off in the final game.

We might develop blind-accessible video games in the future, but we have no concrete projects in the CreativeHeroes pipeline at this moment. Extant is the only audio game we focus on right now.

Best regards,

Richard

http://audiogames.net
http://creativehero.es

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Weispfennig" <weis...@googlemail.com>

Hi,

Just curious, since there are graphics options, how do the graphics look
like?

Kevin