Ah, that makes sense sinse it's the synthg, not the screen reader which is doing the actual speech output. i suspect were I to switch Hal to use eloquence instead of Orphius, I'd probably get the same crash too.

Beware the Grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Moderator warning was why?

Hi Dark,
Well, to be fair to Jaws it isn't actually Jaws that crashes. It is
Eloquence that crashes when certain words are encountered in a
document. The same is true for Eloquence for Linux as Eloquence for
Windows.
Unfortunately, the general population isn't that technically minded
and probably don't know the difference between Eloquence crashing and
Jaws crashing. In fact, I've had the experience of training people who
didn't know the difference between Jaws and Eloquence. They didn't
understand that their screen reader, Jaws, and their speech output,
Eloquence, were separate programs. So some people are likely to blame
the wrong thing for the problem.