From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of neoph...@inthecompanyofgrues.com
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:37 PM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] Incorrect link

Sorry about that. As pointed out, the correct link should be:

www.inthecompanyofgrues.com/interactivefiction/Test.z5

Yes, there's almost nothing to do in the game. But it's more about what
you hear each turn. Or, more correctly, what you don't hear!

The perceive mechanic has not yet been implemented. I'm thinking of making
every object have three states: hidden, sensed and understood. Different
levels of perception would mean objects are described differently. An
object you know to be there is sensed. An object you've examined (by
picking it up or touching it) becomes understood.

The question mark was put in the phrase "Your command?" because, from what
I'm told, the question mark is not picked up by most screen readers as
something to be read, rather as a form of intonation. The colon would be
the most obvious choice, but I'm told it gets read out. What about an
elipses? (That is, three full stops in a row.)

For example, "Your command... "

I'm trying to find something that will work for both V I and sighted
players.

Cheers,

Neophyte.