No, throttling with your afterburners will work just fine, but if you do thrn them down, be sure to quickly take off before your RPM decreses, the maximum RPM is 40000.

-----Original Message----- From: Zachary Kline
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:51 PM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] TDV: RPMs and airspeed

Hi All,
I've read the manual on this, but am still a bit unclear.  I throttle up
to 100% power which turns on my afterburners, but when I pull back to
turn them off I find my engine RPMs gradually dropping along with my
airspeed.
I'm a bit confused: do I need to keep a constant hand on the throttle to
make sure that doesn't happen?  Somehow 600 m/h doesn't seem too fast for
a plane like mine.
Thanks for any advice or clarification,
Zack.