Hi Lori,

Keep in mind why I used the alt key in the first place though. In MOTA
3D Angela Carter has a number of extra movements including but not
excluding: jumping, running, walking, climbing, turning, etc. For
example, in the 3d version of the game turn right  90 is control+right
arrow. If I change jump to control what key combo is turn rright 90?

Anyway, as far as most side-scrollers using the control key for
jumping  I think you are basing your assumption on only  blind audio
games. In the mainstream the alt key is most often the jump key. Games
like Tomb Raider, at least the older versions, used alt for jump,
control for the action key, and shift for walk.