Hi,
I have almost gotten to the end of the game, and in the options menu in game play, there is a save game feature. You may have to hit your target with two or three missiles. You are better able to detect more objects if you are around 70000 feet or greater than if you were below that level.
HTH

-----Original Message----- From: Chad Fenton
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:23 AM
To: Gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] TDV question and a suggestion

Hi, all.  I've been working on the first mission of TDV, taking out the
training grounds and power plant.  I was curious if anyone had
suggestions of mile ranges for successful utilization of missiles, as
I've found that it varries.  For instance, with some targets like the
battleship and gard tower, which appear to be stationary, it seems as
though you can lock on at the missile's maximum range of fifteen miles
and still destroy them.   By contrast, when attempting to take out other
targets like SAM batteries, you have to be under ten miles away to
likely destroy them.  It would make sense that the closer you are, the
more llikely to hit your target, but of course you have to contend with
missiles being launched at you.  This doesn't seem to apply with cruise
missiles, which makes sense, as it's an active radar guided weapon,
whereas the conventional missile is semi radar guided.  It may be that a
missile's success or failure to hit is random because of this fact, but
any tips on taking out ground-based targets is appreciated.

Those who have completed the game may have different thoughts on this,
but I was wondering if a save feature could be implemented during
mission mode to return to where you left off.  Once I was lucky and took
out the battleship and all SAM batteries and guard towers reaching the
island, needing to use all missiles and cruise missiles to do so and
docking with the refueler to rearm.  However, getting to this point took
around 40 minutes or so, which naturally is far longer than a typical
racing or deathmatch mode required to gain mission mode.  A save feature
may already be in consideration, but I thought it would be useful.

Chad