I am happy to help Philip with the acting. Maybe I could act as the boss.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com> To: "Philip Bennefall" <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The old Pb-games

Hi Philip,

Definitely. I really think you should create an updated version of
Tarzan Junior. As has been said the game had a lot of good elements,
great game play, but it  fell short on some design aspects. The big
one is that it was written in Javascript which is crap for a game
development language, and if it were ported to C++ or something would
be a vast improvement. Replace the Dectalk with some human voice
overs, perhaps redo some of the acting, etc and you'd have a great
game. Otherwise it is still one of my favorites and it would be well
worth buying.

Hi all,

I've been following the recent discussion and thought I would jump in with a
few notes and a question. All of my old games from pb-games.com such as
Tarzan Junior, Dark Destroyer, Showdown and 3d Snake were all written in
JavaScript. This is not a good language for even remotely serious game
development, but it was a wonderful sandbox for a curious 12 year old to
take the first staggering steps on the road to programming and eventually Q9 and BGT. Grin. Anyhow, these games were written with Internet Explorer 4 in
mind and ran very well in that browser, but do not work nearly as nice in
newer versions like 7 and 8. The cause of this I know not, I just know that
it's a fact.

Now to my question. If I were to rewrite and vastly improve these old
titles, would you buy them? I am thinking Tarzan Junior especially. That
game had some good elements in it, underneath all the bad acting that I'm
afraid I was responsible for as well as the now rather sluggish game play.
So in short, if I rewrote this game into a good product, would any of you
want to spend $30 on it?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall