From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 2:48 PM
To: Philip Bennefall; Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The old Pb-games

Hi Philip,

Definitely. I really think you should create an updated version of
Tarzan Junior. As has been said the game had a lot of good elements,
great game play, but it  fell short on some design aspects. The big
one is that it was written in Javascript which is crap for a game
development language, and if it were ported to C++ or something would
be a vast improvement. Replace the Dectalk with some human voice
overs, perhaps redo some of the acting, etc and you'd have a great
game. Otherwise it is still one of my favorites and it would be well
worth buying.

> Hi all,
>
> I've been following the recent discussion and thought I would jump in with
> few notes and a question. All of my old games from pb-games.com such as
> Tarzan Junior, Dark Destroyer, Showdown and 3d Snake were all written in
> JavaScript. This is not a good language for even remotely serious game
> development, but it was a wonderful sandbox for a curious 12 year old to
> take the first staggering steps on the road to programming and eventually
Q9