To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] News from papa sangre

Hi chaps,

Well, not a teaser as such but I can tell you that I spent an hour or
so playing PS a couple of weeks ago, and it looked like being pretty
close to releasable to me, plus the project manager seemed intent on a
release before Christmas.
We spent the hour with him listening to me take on the game
(interestingly, the guy really did seem to listen as much as he
watched), then going over a few accessibility tweaks that, while they
weren't absolutely necessary, would make the menu system of the game
and the transitions between levels easier to navigate with VoiceOver.
During actual game play, you'll still need VoiceOver turned off unless
you fancy doing a lot of unnecessary doubletapping.

For what it's worth, my impressions were that the sound design was
absolutely top notch. The biggest issue I encountered in the levels I
played was telling the difference between something being behind you
or in front of you, hopefully by release they'll have found a way to
make that more obvious. It was a lot of fun to play, but I would
advise you all to remember that this is a slightly odd situation, in
that the game is audio-only, but being marketted to average Joe. The
upshot seemed to be that, although the sound design was brilliant, the
actual challenges and tasks were easy for someone who's used to
navigating environments based entirely in audio. That said, I haven't
seen the whole game, and even if the difficulty doesn't pick up, I'd
happily splurge a few quid on it.

Hope sending this doesn't tread on any toes at Somethin' Else, you
boys should've got me to sign an NDA if you really didn't want any
public mumblings at all!

Scott