Hi all
AS a kid I had wonderful memories playing tv games with a sighted friend.
My favorite game was sircus Charlie.
My friend told me which buttons to press and when to press them.
It had 5 stages:
Stage 1: you are on a donkey's back and you have to navigate the donkey to
jump successfully  through fire rings and across pots full offire.
Stage2: you are walking on a rope high in the air and your objective is to
jump across monkeys that are also on the rope.
Especially a big,  blue monkey tries his best to trip you.
Stage3: you have to jump from the one huge  ball to the other.
The balls in this stage looks the same as balls that occupational therapists
use. They are colored.
This stage has challenge because you have to wait for the next ball to roll
until it is in front of you and then jump and the ball you are currently on
will try to knock you off
Stage4: you are on a donkey's back and you have to navigate the donkey to a
trampoleen and then you have to  jump successfully  onto the trampoleen,
then back on the donkey's back and again navigate the donkey to another
trampoleen, until you have completed the stage.
Stage5: you are on a swing high in the air and  when the swing is the right
distance to the trampoleen you have to successfully jump off the swing and
land on the trampoleen and then when the swing is the right distance to the
trampoleen you have to jump back on to the swing and the process repeats
until you have beaten the stage which is the last one.
Is sircus Charlie the same as sircus Atari?
A request to Tom: Tom I would appreciate it so much if you can make an
accessible remake of sircus Charlie if you have some spare time on your
hands. I miss it so much playing this game, as my sighted friend who played
the game with me died in a motor accident several years ago.
We had so much fun with sircus Charlie.
We played it continuosly for long.
The game had almost the same kind of sound effects as Mario brothers.
There was no sound effects for things like the pots, rings, etc. but there
was music in the game and then the sound effect  when the player jumps and a
sound effect when the player dies and then there were applause between
stages.
I think  its not necessary to have sounds of fire etc.
If you can  include sappi then sappi can tell us how close we are to fire
rings, pots, balls etc.