***constructive critisyzm follows***
Um. I thought we were supposed to make audio games more mainstream like? but yet, it seems as though we're still restricting our selves in a way? I understand how older games used to drop sound qualitydue to size. But now, even most mainstream games are using cd quality 44100khz 16 bit sound. I personally see a major experience improvement with that kind of quality. That's one reason I so love work that liam and phillip did with the sounds being so hq. MOTA also used to be like this, but with b14 I did notice that drop of quality which I really don't like. if this is such a major problem just use something like ogg to compress the size. Seriusly! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com> To: "Philip Bennefall" <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Creating game levels to scale?

Hi Philip,

Yeah, I get what your saying. The mixer is definitely a huge factor in
over all game performance. In fact, that is one reason why I switched
bakc to Streemway for the Windows releases. When I used OpenAL for
Windows it used a massive amount of memory to load the same amount of
sound data that I had in DirectX and performance went way down.
Switching back to Streemway performance went way back up. Plus
reducing the sound quality from 44100 KHZ to 22500 KHZ made a massive
improvement in over all system performance as well.

database 5266 (20100709) __________

http://www.eset.com