What tools though... and where'd you get the newer games...

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 07 December 2010 23:38
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] Jedi Knight was GMA sound function

Hi Ben,

What exactly do you need? If it is sounds you want let me just say the
sounds for Mysteries of the Sith are absolute crap. They were recorded
at 11025 KHZ mono. I'm currently grabbing sounds from newer SW games
like Jedi Outcast, SithAcademy, etc as the force sounds, light sabers,
and so on are all 44100 KHZ  stereo. A massive improvement over the
older Jedi Knight games. The only thing I've decided to use from MOTS
is the dialog as that isn't replacable unfortunately. However, my
version is getting a huge sound upgrade as I'm grabbing all the
high-fi souns I can to replace their crappy ones.

As for the gob and goo files they are easy to open. There are plenty
of tools out there for Jedi Knight to unpack and repack the sounds,
music, etc. I'm thinking of modding the original game with some better
stuff just to have something to play around with while I'm working on
my updated clone.