Hi Clement,

Oh, I know. Isn't it amazing how resistant this comunity is to new
ideas/concepts?

I mean on one hand developers have been hearing this common thread
that more VI gamers want to play mainstream games or games similar to
the mainstream. They want something right up their with the latest
titles for XBox, Play Station, and PC. However, the second they try to
do so by adding a device like the mouse into the mix to add some of
the features of mainstream games we come up against this rock solid
resistance that says in effect, "we want to use the keyboard and just
make the mouse or joystick optional."

Sorry, to tell those people sometimes that is simply not realistic.
The keyboard is very limited in what it can do, and the reason we are
seeing advanced conttrollers like the Wii-Motes, for example, is
because they are not only more natural they allow you to do so much
more than a keyboard could ever do on a good day. So the question is
do these people really and truly want games equal to the mainstream
games or do they want to sit back and play games like Uno, Monopoly,
and BopIt the rest of their lives?

These people need to realise if they want mainstream games then they
are going to have to change and adapt to the way sighted people do
things. At least to some degree. Their resistance to joysticks, mice,
etc is only holding them back from experiencing new concepts and ideas
that will improve their gaming experience not hinder it. Obviously, if
I couldn't use a mouse in games I wouldn't bother supporting one, but
that isn't the case at all.

Cheers!