Well, it all comes down to preference. Generally, when I get a game, if there's any rellevant dialog I'll run through it with the english acting first.. then switch it to the japanese once I get it down well enough not to need every word to understand what's happening. Aside from being easier on the ears, it's a chance to practice what little japanese I know. This is why games that have no english voice track can be a good thing and a bad thing at the same time... on the one hand, you get to immerse yourself in the game and its atmosphere and enjoy the japanese acting and how good it is... but if you're blind, you can't read subtitles therefore can't tell what's happening. The opposite is said for games ported over from japan that have the english dub... but no original voice track option. You can understand what's going on, all be it with sometimes very very bad dialog, but you miss the atmosphere and emotion conveyed by the original voice cast.