Dark said:

"I've often wondered for a while if people with perfectly normal vision would
find a basic program to read aloud a page of text or a webpage useful for
similar reasons, though of course the down side would be that they'd
probably not have a decent voice to do it in."

I think that is a great idea.  Many sighted people get talking books so they
can listen while they are doing other things.  The idea of being able to hear a
web page article is a good one.  I bet if sighted people knew that it was
possible to do it, they would use the feature.  They would also have to be told
that there were decent voices available too since they would not know that
either.

We have all heard the "not economically feasible" quote from so many game
developers over the years - anything that makes accessibility features more interesting
to and usable by sighted people and that would make it more likely to sell more product
is a plus. After all, if a company does not make a profit, they go away so they have to
pay attention to what sells product.

We at 7-128 Software are lucky.  As an indie developer we don't have venture
capital and thus don't have to be bottom line this quarter oriented!  We can
take a longer view and build on what we can do over the year(s).

Eleanor Robinson
7-128 Software