I have recommended something like this to Munawar a while back privately.
What I would love to see is this.
If at all possible set up something that is on the lines of what is through
the Microsoft flight simulator and third party program to make FSX blind
friendly the It's your plane project.
The good news for the civilian side of the flying coin, it is the best and
realistic as possible around.
But the bad news is that it is all talk interface.
unlike with TDV for the military side of the flying coin.
There's no hands on either via the keyboard nor through a USB handheld
flight yoke and or a set of USB Petals.
I thought that once TDV is up and running, Munawar could use the
directional's from tdv and write such a program from the civilian side of
the flying coin.
What I also would like to see for the civilian side of the flying coin is
this.
The FAA just doesn't throw you into a cockpit and let just anyone fly.
I say that we ought to have a flight school for certification. I also think
it would be cool that we have a virtual reality flying license to print out
to hang on our wall.
There's also ought to be a promotion level as well.
In short
1. make it as realistic as possible but at every stage make it blind
friendly for a hand to ear flight simulator since we can't see the graphics.
But
1. have the schooling and or training.
2. have something like fs passengers have as well.
There are sound files that we could grab to help us out to make such a
program from the ground up in the demos of fs passengers and fs flight
school, and FSX.
Also, you can go out to
www.itsyourplane.com
and or go out to
www.youtube.com
To watch realistic step by step videos with all of the checklists from the
ground up and landing once again.
Another thing that is cool with the FSX IYP project is this.
You can give the make a flight following announcement and your trusty
copilot will announce the country, state and city that you're flying over
and will do this automatically as well and will also give you the weather.
Just my two cents for this thread.
Ron who if were sighted would be flying and hopefully have his 1,000 hours
to be a space shuttle PLT and aboard ISS Alpha.
Ron Kolesar
kolesar16...@roadrunner.com