My thought has always been. Give the user multiple ways to play. The mouse
really adds that element. If people don't like it, then don't use it.  It's
really that simple.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 6:55 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mouse Support in Games

Hi Dark,

Well, as I just explained in my prier e-mail the mouse has its advantages
even with generic actions like walking/running. Instead of having to press
and hold down two keys like shift+right arrow I can just hold down the right
mouse button and drag the mouse to the right to run while leaving my left
hand free for checking status, firing a weapon, whatever. Too me it feels
both more natural since all I really have to do is slightly move my hand to
the left or to the right to get Angela to do something. However, if I have
my choice I'd take a joystick or game pad over the mouse for this type of
game. Which is on my schedule for this up and coming week.

I understand what you are saying about game pads, but I rather enjoy game
pads myself. In fact, I happen to like the XBox 360 controllers and probably
will use them in playing games like Mysteries of the Ancients since I'd like
to support them directly. That to me gets a PC as close to a game console as
humanly possible without actually porting the games to the XBox etc.

Anyway, my thinking about supporting the mouse is more for completeness in
this case. Since the engine has mouse support I might as well include the
additional support to Mysteries of the Ancients which will not only provide
end users with another choice for input, but any feedback the community can
give will only help us improve, debug, and fix mouse support so that we can
depend on it in games where mouse support might be more specialized and
necessary.

Cheers!