Hi

I use the touch pad on my laptop and netbook. the touch pad has no physical buttons. In fact NVDA is the only reader that will work with it and let me use it in windows7. On the mac side I can use voiceover. But in the windows7 side I can just move my finger around and tap or double tap to click and things.
so I prefer the touch pad and keyboard.
Josh