Hi Thomas,

I know that in my games I need to reset the sapi5 voice engine before changing
engines.  That is going from an AT&T voice to a Neo Speech, Microsoft or
Cepstral.  Otherwise the voice is all very distorted and fuzzy.

So I do the below code whenever changing to a new voice.  nov being the number
of the new voice.

Set Voice = Nothing
   Set Voice = New SpVoice
Set Voice.Voice = Voice.GetVoices().Item(nov)

So that is just in VB6 with the sapi5 voices.

HTH

BFN

    Jim

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA