Maybe to shake things up you could switch around the plot a little.  It would
make it a more unique storyline.  Something like this perhaps.

Through some cruel twist of fate you are a mansion.  Your mother was a human
and your father was a house.  You are being haunted by the spirit of your evil
dead sister who had kidnapped a wizard.  A hunter decides to become a ghost
buster so he breaks in and begins breaking things in an effort to find the
ghost of April to catch it.

Ok, maybe not that.  :D  lol