Hi Charles,

Smile. Ah, yes, Angela Carter. She's only an American knock-off of
Lara Croft. Since Lara Croft is owned by a big name U.K. company,
would cost me thousands in royalties to use, I had to think of
something along the same lines without the big commercial name
attached. However, your point still stands. Angela Carter is rather
stereo ttypical of the new female lead characters cropping up in
books, movies, and games. She's got brains, is very athletic, can
handle herself in a fight, and has plenty of attitude to match.
Although, to my mind Angela's not the "don't call me babe" type female
characters played by a certain Pamela Anderson. Lol!

Sorry, I just had to throw that one in. Ever since Pamela Anderson
used that line in Barbed Wire it kind of has become the motto of
female lead characters everywhere with an attitude. Xena Warrior
Princess, played by Lucy Lawless,  comes to mind. No Greek guy would
call her babe and live to tell about it. Grin.