Hi Kai,

That's exactly the same problem I'm encountering with joystick support
in Mysteries of the Ancients. I've finally got it added, and am
handing the private test release over to my testers for testing
tonight.

Anyway, the big problem i can see with joystick support is I have more
than a dozen things I'd like to map to the joystick such as climb,
run, jump, duck, walk, punch, fire weapons, draw weapons, and so on.
Eventually, I just run out of buttons to map, and still have several
things left over I need the keyboard for. I have managed to cut down
the number of buttons required by asigning some buttons to menus like
the inventory menu for items/weapons, view menu for looking around,
status menu for speaking status messages, etc but even with that you
really need at least 14 buttons at a bare minimum for a game like MOTA
because it just has too many things to map to the joystick. You can
get by with 12, but anything less than 10 isn't even worth your time.
I'd be interested to know what we can do to resolve this problem.

Cheers!