Hi Thomas and others,

Just a few points from a probably biased user :-)
I think the idea of Open Source Software are generally miss understood.
Part of that may be because of the fact that certain groups prefer to call it
Free Software, which is associated with
freeware.
Open source software is not freeware and will never be. The idea of Open Source
Software is just that the source code
should be open and available to any one who would like to study or modify it.
That is also the reason that many people
including myself prefer to use Linux. If I want my computer to say "hello"
every time it begins the boot process, I can
do so without having to edit some binary file with a hex editor. Also it
encourage the studying of source code. Thus
if someone enters the audio gaming community, he/she can immediately find out
how a game engine works for instance
without having to reinvent the wheel. Some people think that open source
software grows faster than other software, but
that is mostly open for debate.
Nothing prevents one from selling a program under the GPL, although your users
must receive the same rights under the
GPL, and can for instance sell it themselves, modify it or just give it away.
One thing I've thought  about is to put
the game itself under an open source license, and sell the sounds and/or music.

Take care,

Rynhardt

* Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com> [110123 04:53]: