Hi Liam,

Well, that is one of the main reasons I generally tell new programmers
to try a language like Java, C#, C++, etc that use a c-style syntax
and programming methodology. What you learn from one can most
generally be applied to another programming language. For example,
when I started learning C-Sharp in 2003 I was already quite familiar
with Java and C++. With my previous experience and training it made
learning C-Sharp a snap because C-Sharp is extremely similar to Java
in some respects. Were I a Visual Basic 6 programmer the transition
would have been much more difficult since Visual Basic and C-Sharp had
little in common.

With Angelscript, as you pointed out, it does use a c-style syntax and
methodology. Coming from a Visual Basic background the learning curve
is steeper. However, if you learn Angelscript a lot of the syntax and
so on will carry over to Java, C-Sharp, C++, Perl, Flash, and so on
making your transition easier in the long run.

Cheers!