Hi David.

i've read the core rules and commands, and believe I understand both the game logic and order system, ----- actually i love the symplistic orders.

Also, as an interesting point, we've had requests for an accessible version of risk for quite a long time, and this may well qualify, so good going there too.

my main concern however, is the spacial logic of the map, sinse obviously being able to understand the connections betwene worlds, as well as who owns what is quite necessary for the game, and I'm less certain whether Vi players would be at a disadvantage not getting the complete overview which sited players get from the graphical galaxy map.

I'll be interested to see how comprehensive text reports are, but perhaps it may be necessary to instigate some informational commands so that a Vi player can get a map overview of what is around them, though obviously i will be in a better position to think about this when I get my first turn report this evening.

You might however considder looking at some of the methods other developers have used for board overview, such as Jim kitchin's free talking batleships game from www.kitchinscinc.net, bg chess challenge, a self voicing chess game from http://www.omninet.net.au/~irhumph/blindgamers.htm or time of conflict, a massive turn based stratogy war game played against a computer on a large land and sea map, produced by gmagames at www.gmagames.com.

I'm deffinately interested in seeing some of the character types in the more complex games, sinse those sound most interesting and deffinately up my alley.

all the best,