For some gamers, the numerous twists and turns are what make the game confusing. As for a teaching tool, I would say that it is not a good idea. You don't teach by confusing someone. You learn by crawling, then walking, then running and finally roller skating rather than the other way around. I see it as, in a way, choosing the methods you would prefer to learn to use a dog guide. As you need to know where to tell the dog to take you, you have to know your way around first. That's why I would prefer that I learn to use a dog guide in my home area rather than in a strange city. I wouldn't have to learn where locations are as well as learn how to get the dog to guide me to them. I would be more confident in a familiar area, which translates to a more confident dog who knows that I know what I'm doing.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Darren Duff" <duff...@gmail.com>
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 7:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Last Minute Comments

IT seems to me that if you are good at making a mental map of the world
around you, you should be able to handle one of these games. Take sod for
example. All monsters and nasties aside, I always thought that it would be a great way to teach mobility and memorization by finding landmarks because of
all the twists and turns. After playing the game a few times all the way
through I have the layout of all 8 levels in my mind and 10 years later I
don't have to worry about getting lost in the game.

What do other people think?