Hey Tom that was very creative of you to do that for the dirt sounds. I like it a lot. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] confused about platforms in Mota 17

Hi Hayden,

Yeah, kind of reminds me of Montezuma's Revenge. As you might recall I
used those exact dirt step sounds for Montezuma's Revenge. In fact, I
custom made those dirt step sounds for Monte, because the ones James
North had were terrible sounding. So I went out in my driveway with a
digital recorder, walked around, and then trimmed them with Goldwave.

So when playing around with the new level I realised the dirt step
sounds sounded pretty realistic, and might be a good change. As you
said it really reminds me of the early betas and so on.

As for making some levels stone that really wouldn't work. I have the
stone step sounds reserved for the staircases. Since they are the same
sounds as the stone floor sounds in prior betas that might not work
out too well. You wouldn't be able to find the staircases unless I
came up with a different stone step sound.

Hi,
No I like it...it's very nostalgic. Reminds me of BETA 6 and earlier.
Perhaps make certain levels stone?

Best Regards,
Hayden