Hi Hayden,

Well, I guess I didn't think about it much, but you are essentially
correct. Even though the Iliad and Odyssey were written in the iron
age the events contained in them happened during the bronze age. We
have plenty of archeological evidence that many of the battles and
travels discussed in the Greek mythologies happened more or less as
described. Troi was sacked in the late bronze age by Greek warriors,
and burned completely to the ground. An archeological dig in southern
Turkey has uncovered a semetary of hundreds of bronze age female
warriors, perhaps the legendary Amazons, who could have easily been in
contact with bronze age Greeks, and were later made famous through
Homer's Iliad and other Greek works. Haracles, better known as the
mighty Hercules, seams to have prefered clubs and weapons of that
nature suggesting the origens of those stories are from an earlier
time period than the one in which they were written down by Greek
scholars and story tellers.

All the same there are plenty of modern interpretations that place
events a lot later in history. For example, in the popular television
show, Hercules Legendary Jurnies, the show seams to take place well
into the iron age at the time Rome was ruled by Julious Cesar. The
popular television show, Xena Warrior Princess, also takes place in
the iron age and Julious Cesar often shows up as one of the villains
on the program. So one need not necessarily put all of the Greek
mythologies in a strict bronze age period.

For one thing there is some historical presidents for using a later
time period. After the Greeks were concored by Rome the Romans
naturally took all of the Greek classics and began to translate them
from Greek to Latin. As a result a lot of names of people, places, and
things got renamed. Instead of the Greek god Poseidon the Romans
replaced him with their god Neptoon. Instead of the Greek god Hades he
was replaced with the Roman god Pluto. Heroes like Haracles were
renamed Hercules.The Greek hero, Odysseus, was replaced by the Roman
hero,   Ulysses. Monsters like Kerberos were renamed Cerberus. On and
on we can go. The point being the Romans weren't as interested in
telling the tails from the point of the bronze age, but more from a
more contemperary iron age time period.

In the end it could go either way. I mean it is true the bronze age is
the most likely origen of the stories passed down through to us
through a lot of the Greek classics. However, modern interpretations
such as movies and television shows seam to stick to the Roman
interpretation of events than the classic Greek. Certainly Americans
tend to use the Latin names more than the Greek names such as
Hercules, Ulysses, Cerberus, etc and there is no real reason not to
use the Greek names. I suppose it is a matter of preference.

Getting back to the point if you think I should put the bronze dagger
back in that would be a quick and easy fix. It isn't a big deal to me
either way. No one has really said how old this tomb is or when it was
built. So it could go either way.

Cheers!