Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] pro was: Re: programming question

Hi Philip,

While I do understand your problem I do feel it would be wrong to
restrict someone from using mouse and joystick support, and force them
to purchase a more expensive license to have access to those devices.
One thing we are seriously lacking in accessible games is decent
quality support for joysticks, racing wheels, gamepads, mice, etc. I
just feel these features should be included along side keyboard
support.

As for pathfinding perhaps make that a pro feature. After all, it is a
more advanced feature of the engine and could reasonably considered a
Pro option. That's how I'd view it if I were in your position.

Cheers!

Hi there,

I am not sure. The decision about what should be in pro only is always a
tough one. With the same reasoning you could argue that pathfinding should also be available to everyone, since not everyone will want to spend $100 to
get this or that feature. What makes mouse support different from
pathfinding in this context? On the one hand I understand exactly what you
are saying, but on the other I have to try and make pro as appealing as
possible aside from being allowed to make paid games and if I don't restrict
some useful features, there is no point in doing so at all. Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall