Hi Michael,

Well, to be honest Audioquake isn't the best place to start. For one
thing it was an adapted version of the ID Software Quake engine, but
the accessibility in it is only so-so. Something like Shades of Doom
or Sarah and the Castle of Witchcraft and Wizardry were built from the
ground up with accessibility in mind and have superior accessibility.
Both are fully accessible first-person based games with excellent
accessibility features.

For example, Shades of Doom is an accessible Doom-like game where you
are called to the seen of an experiment gone horribly wrong, and end
up gettingtrapped in the lab. The only way to safely exit the lab is
to find the experiment control box and shut the experiment down. The
game isn't the same Doom game you are thinking of, but there are
similarities to the classic Doom game.

However, I notice like me you are a Linux user. Unfortunately, 99% of
all accessible games are written for Windows XP. So you will probably
have to get and install VMPlayer and a copy of XP to run most of these
games. There isn't much interest among accessible game developers in
supporting Linux. I want to, but from a financial standpoint most of
my money will come from Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 users. So
until there is a larger source of potential income from Mac and Linux
most game developers aren't likely to take those users seriously.

Cheers!