its a pitty we can't get copywrite stuff for the duke nukem games duke is good with sounds and voices.
loads of stuff happens with him, its like a story type thing with the game.
At 07:38 a.m. 5/02/2011, you wrote:
Hi,
Well...Shades ofDoom isnt' exactly Doom, per say, but it is certainly based
off of it.  It's definitely worth a look, as are the other GMA games (found
at http://www.gmagames.com).
HTH!

Best Regards,
Hayden

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Frost
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 12:36 PM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Confusion about getting past the first level in
MOTA.

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 04:55:52PM -0600, Hayden Presley wrote:
> Um yeah. Have you ever played Shades of Doom?
[My Reply:]

        Nope.  Never even heard of it until joining this mailing list a
few days ago.  Until losing my sight in 2002, I played all but Quake and
some assorted arcade game clones on the Playstation, because then I
wouldn't wanna destroy my computer.  Wrecked enough Playstation
controllers as it was.  After 2002, I gave all my games to a friend, as
they were useless now.  Except for trying a few text-based games in
Linux that sounded like they'd might be interesting, my game life has
been nil.

        Just heard about Audio Quake the other day, and have been trying
to find it, but since the links are all broken at the website, I haven't
been able to get my hands on it, so I joined up here, thinking maybe you
folks might know where to find it.  From all the talk I've been hearing
going on here, I was beginning to think I'd joined the wrong list and
was in some sighted person's gaming list who knew about Audio Quake, or
something. .<laughs>.

        Anyway, if Shades of Doom is Doom with additional audio effects
to make it accessible, I'm definitely interested in that, too.  For the
most part, I usually only played the 1st and 3rd person shooters, the
fighters, and the RPG's on the PC and Playstation.  Quake, Tomb Raider,
Tekken 3, and Final Fantasy 7, if you're at all familiar with those and
their like.  I am also interested in Audio Quake for the aural training
benefits and getting more practice on using my ears to map territory and
navigate, now that my eyes are FUBAR.  Up until last year, I've been
stuck out in the sticks, living by myself, in bad health, so got only a
modicum of mobility training before having to quit.  I learned to use a
cane, count driveways, trip over everything my trainer could find, and
cross streets.  I've also had to learn how to season my food from some
Annie Solomon book about a VICE cop who loses his sight.  Well, I'm
still in bad health, but can still walk around for short distances, but
want to train my ears to pay better attention to my surroundings, and
thought Audio Quake would be a step in the right direction, as I know
the game, and it's 1st-person 3D like in real life.

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org