To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] question about drawing things for games.

Hi Mich,

No, that's not really what I meant. What I was refering to is I
created a custom level editor for the Genesis engine that allows me to
create *.map files that get loaded into the games. The way it works is
I select a wall, staircase, dirt, whatever and place it on the grid
which gets stored in a 2d or 3d array, and then written out to a *.map
file which is read by the game. I call this process of adding surfaces
to the map array drawing levels, because in a sense that is what I'm
doing.

for example, I might use shift+up arrow to select an area on the grid
(0, 11) to (0, 19) and then bring up my toolbox. I select wall from
the toolbox, and once I press enter it will fill the selected region
with a wall. Then, I might use shift+right arrow to select from (0,
10) to (20, 10), select dirt from the toolbox, and it will fill that
region in with dirt. It is not drawing in the sense you think of  it,
but serves the same purpose, and is totally proprietary to the G3D
engine.

Cheers!