On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 10:42:45PM -0500, Thomas Ward wrote:
> series was the panoramic scenery and stark panic, like when the T-Rex
> pops it's big head around the cavern wall and comes barrelling down on
> you like a locomotive.
>
> My reply:
>
> Unfortunately, third-person games like Tomb Raider are virtually
> impossible to complete on your own if you are blind.

[My Reply:]

        Oh, yeah, I can just imagine being underwater in TR2, following
the trail of garbage across the ocean floor to the split in the side of
the sunken ship, all while dodging that humongous shark. <.laughs.>
Yeah, I loved that Nevada desert canyon scene.  You remember, the one
with the water at the bottom you'd always fall into, then have to swim
over to the only point where you could climb out.  I'm positive I spent
at least four days exploring that canyon, trying to reach every possible
point I could access, and having a blast doing it.

        I also loved showing off her moves, like the running jump with
the swan dive tuck and roll.  I jumped across that canyon alot doing
that.  Anyway, I finally got Audio Quake working on Windows the other
day, and am busy trying to decypher all the sounds in the sucker.  Way
too much audio feedback all at once.  I figure sooner or later, I'll get
around to hacking the sounds to something more appropriate too make them
easier to differentiate.  I was thinking of using that "bouncing off the
transparency" sound from the pilot episode of Star Trek, when Captain
Pike tried to get at the little guys with the big heads.  Thought it
would make for a better wall warning sound.  Those Friend/Foe/Monster
detection sounds could use some work, too.  If not that, then just a
soft voice speaking what the heck they are, as if speaking to an A.I.  I
dunno.  I just think clipped information would be better than a bunch of
confusing tones.

        What do you think?  That soft ticking sound produced by that
radar they used in the second Aliens movie, the same warning tone used
for monsters, and a voice saying "friend" and "foe" for the friend and
enemy detection, respectively on the D5K?  Using the words wall, corner,
and edge for other navigation aids?

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org