Hi Ken,

Yeah, but to be fair Doom and Doom II ar childs play compared to the
games of today. The levels are so much more complex now with not only
north, south, east, west directions but the addition of up and down as
well. That makes it almost virtually impossible to figure out where to
go in the level if you don't have someone telling you go left, go
right, turn around, climb up that staircase, etc. After you play the
game enough you'll remember take so many steps and turn left and try
and walk through this or that doorway, but its not something you'll
figure out on your own.

Cheers!