Hey Dark

I'm aware of the history of the word. grins. That was why I mentioned it... since now beat em ups and fighting games would be recognized as separate genres, at least by most people. Either way I see your point... I loved old beat em ups as well, but the genre does seem to have died out. I urge you to give Viewtiful Joe a try though.. the gamecube version is good from what I hear, and it's a nice mesh of beat em up and puzzle-solving. I've tried it on te ps2 and love it... and I think you will, too... if you don't mind a slightly silly plot. lol.