Try looking at port forwarding on that router.

At 12:13 PM 3/10/2011, you wrote:
I'm trying to configure my own for theaddictor.com and I can't connect to it, even if I type my own IP address directly into the host connection field. I can connect to public servers just fine--but I can't connect to my own. I could for a little while, but now I can't again and don't know what's going on--and yes, I have the most up-to-date IP number. Maybe the fact that I'm behind a router has something to do with this? Please help--I'd love to get a good game chat going on. I remember a few years back chatting with a bunch of you while we played Quake and SoundRTS--man that was so fun...
Ken Downey
President
DreamTechInteractive!
And,