Hi Dark,

Yeah, that's exactly what betas are for. One thing I hope to acomplish
with MOTA 3D is not only to get gamers use to a true 3d first-person
game, but to work out game mechanics that are almost universally
helpful to a blind gamer. Its one thing to look at Shades of Doom and
get ideas, and another to build upon that idea and come up with
something a little more complex. I am, in a manner of speaking,
cutting totally new ground and for that we need to work together to
work out the details of how these games will be playable. Once we do
that future games of a similar type will be easier to create and I'll
know what I'm doing the next time round.

As far as third-person games in audio I don't think that is possible
simply because the destinction between first-person and third-person
is a visual one. In a game like Doom it is a first person game because
there is no physical game character on the screen, and at most you see
a hand holding a gun, knife, etc walking around. All of the background
seenary is designed to look like you are looking at it from a
first-person point of view. With a third-person game like Tomb Raider
you can see Lara Croft on the screen up close and personal. Plus you
can usually see all or most of the room/area she is in as though
looking at it from adistance. Kind of like watching a movie. I.E. from
a third-person perspective. All of this is very visual, and for a
blind gamer such concepts don't really apply.

However, I can say our games really by definition are first-person,
because the audio is from the first-person perspective. I.E. sounds
like you are standing in the middle of the room and the sounds are
positioned according to where you are and what direction you are
facing. This is first-person audio. Were it third person audio sounds
would not change position as you moved around in the game world, and
would more or less be like listening to a movie or something. This
wouldn't work out too well for us as there is no visual feedback to
give us more detailed info what is happening on screen.

Cheers!