Oh boy, if you're using teleport to explore, then yeah, you're going
to end up dead.  A lot.  Basically, if you use teleport, you should
just assume that you're already dead before you cast the spell,
because you never know where you're going to land.  It's a little
safer to teleport on the islands, but even there you can land in
really nasty places.

When I explore, I use the nearby command and check the area list to
see what level the nearby areas are.  That also helps because then you
can find the area again; if you teleport and live, you'll probably
never find the area again, which hardly counts as exploring.

-dentin

Alter Aeon
http://www.alteraeon.com