Hi Kevin,

That fire pit is larger than usual, and there is only one way to cross
it. If you listen carefully a hovering platform will vanish and appear
at certain times. The trick to getting over the fire pit is to leap
onto the metal platform when it appears, cross it quickly, and get to
the other side before the platform vanishes again.

HTH