Here is what I was able to figureout with Private Detective School...
there are 3 important files..
a .CCD a .IMG and a .SUB file.
a Search on google told me these 3 files were created with..
Slysoft Clone CD program.
I downloaded the 21 day demo of the program from
www.slysoft.com
and installed it..
I then started the program and browsed to the folder with these 3 important files.
I opened the .CCD file and told Clone CD to burn this image file.
a few minutes later it was done.
I uninstalled the Clone CD program.
I rebooted the system.
I inserted the Detective Cd and waitid for it to start.
it did not start.
I explored to the CD and clicke don the start.exe program.
'something installed'
it then asked me to reboot.
I then had a reboot and found some sort of protection program running in my task bar.
I tried to start the detective game up again with no luck.
the game went to the internet and told me I did not have a legal copy of the game.
My final ideas on this program?
I did my best to un-install everything I had just put in.
I took the CD I had burnt and put it into my shredder.
I will do a virus scan tonight before I go to bed to be sure I was not wacked with some sneaky sort of virus.
This did not seem to me to be a great game.
too much work to get it up and too much grief after it was all done and said with.
just my personal opinion  here.