Hi,

Well, that's certainly true. Especially, if you want to delve into the
matter of international copyright laws which is extremely messy and
convoluted.

For instance, lets take the matter of the GPL, GNU General Public
License Agreement, which tries to keep certain software open and
available to the public free of charge. When it was initially drafted
by the software freedom foundation and others they wrote it up around
U.S. copyright law. Unfortunately, there are many countries around the
world like in the E.U. that doesn't recognize the GPL as valid. In
other words if Microsoft comes along with a commercial license the
E.U. countries will recognize it, but Linux comes along with a free
GPL license they won't recognize it as valid. It doesn't make a lot of
sense why any country would reject he idea of a completely free and
open source license that requires the software to remain free and
available to the public. I remember there was some sort of
international court battle over this sometime back between the open
source community like Gnome and the E.U. So copyright law is often
very convoluted, and doesn't make sense to the common man or woman.

Cheers!