Hi Thomas,
Here is the fix I got from Nextup:
by kdwhite ยป Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:46 am

By default, Anna is the only voice available in windows on 64bit vista machines. If you'd like one of the 32-bit voices like AT&T Natural Voices to be your default, here is how:

. Check on "Control Panel"

2. On the left hand side click on "Classic View"

3. Then click on "View 32- bit control panel items"

4. Then click on "Text-to-Speech"

5. You can then select the voice of your choice. Click "apply" and then "OK" Exit.

You will now have the voice you selected such as At&t Mike 16 as your default for your 32-bit apps like Firefox, Microsoft Outlook 2007, and any other 32-bit app that worked and supported Text-to-Speech before.
Ken White
NextUp.com

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Regarding sapi and BGT

HiShane,

Well, its not a Windows 7 VS Windows XP problem though. Its a 32-bit
vs 64-bit problem. Alot of the Sapi 5 voices you can purchase from
Nextup.com, Cepstral.com, Cereproc.com, etc have not been upgraded to
support 64-bit Windows therefore a lot of Windows  7 users running new
64-bit platforms are having problems. The only voices I know of that
actually work without problems on Windows 7 64-bit is Microsoft Anna,
ESpeak, and I believe Lequendo has ported some of their voices like
Kate to 64-bit Windows. Beyond that everything else is still 32-bit. I
know the most if not all the commercial voices work on Windows 7
32-bit as I have several installed and they work fine. Its just the
new 64-bit machines that have this problem.

Cheers!