Zach,

Tads and Adrift  require other programs for what reason? The reason I ask is 
that I may have both of them in my downloads folder and wonder if I ought to 
load both of them or just one?

Fred
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Zachary Kline" <zkl...@speedpost.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2011 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] ways to play interactive fiction titles on the pc


> Hi Fred,
> Tads and Adrift require other programs, but Filfer will play both ZCode 
> and Glulx, I believe.  That last might not be true, as I've not used it 
> for some time, and can't remember for certain.  The other two mentioned 
> systems have their own, dedicated interpreters.
> Best,
> Zack.
> On May 8, 2011, at 6:40 PM, fred olver wrote:
>
>> With all these options, does one need all these programs or will just one
>> do???
>>
>> Fred Olver
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "Zachary Kline" <zkl...@speedpost.net>
>> To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
>> Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2011 9:52 PM
>> Subject: Re: [Audyssey] ways to play interactive fiction titles on the pc
>>
>>
>>> Hi Brandon,
>>> There's another program called Filfer, which you can find on the IF
>>> Archive.  It'll play Z-Machine and (I believe) Glulx games.  Beyond 
>>> that,
>>> I'd look into Tads and Adrift, the other two big interactive fiction
>>> systems, both screen-reader accessible.
>>> Enjoy the games,
>>> Zack.
>>> On May 7, 2011, at 7:04 PM, Brandon Misch wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hey i know about winfrots tts but are there other programs that can 
>>>> play
>>>> z machine files or other titles of interactive fiction?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---
>>>> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>>>> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
>>>> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
>>>> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
>>>> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>>>> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
>>>> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
>>>> list,
>>>> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
>>>
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>>> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
>>> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
>>> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
>>> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>>> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
>>> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
>>> list,
>>> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
>>
>>
>>
>> ---
>> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
>> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to 
>> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
>> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
>> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
>> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the 
>> list,
>> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
>
>
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to 
> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the 
> list,
> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
> 



---
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.

Reply via email to