Hi Jim,
You could convert the old DOS game Lunar Lander, adding appropriate sounds.
I tried looking for it but could not find it.
Phil

To: "Imbar Golt" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 5:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Space sims?

Hi Imbar,

Well if I had the code for a flight sim I could try to convert it to a space sim. Don't have the code for a flight sim though. And to write one I would need degrees in mathematics, physics, aeronautics, geography and probably a couple more that I am not thinking of right now. And heck I never even graduated high school. Back then I was not yet legally blind, but I was a very very slow reader and reading always gave me bad headaches. Now I could take Star Wars or Star Trek or Jetsons sounds and replace the sounds in my Puppy 1 game and make that more of a space game. But Puppy 1 is more of an arcade shooter game than a flight sim. And it does not have actual mathematics, physics, aeronautics, and geography such as longitude, latitude, altitude and attitude etc. Like the one flight sim that I played with when I had a tiny bit of sight. It was the Microsoft flight sim version 5 for dos. I was just playing around putting in longitude and latitude numbers and the next th ing I knew I was flying around the statue of Liberty. So then I tried to land on Ellis Island, which didn't work. But I did fly under the Brooklyn bridge. Was never able to land on it though. And then I flew between the Twin Towers. Umm occasionally crashing into them. I wonder how many programmers with how many degrees it takes to write a flight sim like the Microsoft flight sim programs.

BFN

    Jim