Hello Fred,

The reason is that not all interactive fiction games are written in
the same language or use the same programming toolkit. Therefore they
usually require a seperate interpreter to run. Games written in Inform
7 won't run in Tads or Adrift and games written in Tads and Adrift
won't run in Frotz. Therefore you usually need multiple interpreters,
I.E. different adventure systems, depending on the language the game
was written in.

HTH