Hi,

Agreed. Side-scrollers, to be honest, were really huge in the 80's and
early 90's, but have been largely replaced by First-Person action
games, and more recently supplanted by huge multiplayer MMO/RPG games.
Game technology constantly keeps advancing in the mainstream market,
but we, the accessible game market, is a bit stagnant in the types of
games we are willing to produce. While there is still plenty of room
for side-scrollers in the accessible games community a true 3d
first-person shooter the likes of Jedi Knight has never really been
done before in an audio game format. The FPS games we do have like
Shades of Doom, Sarah, etc are only the beginning of what is possibel
in a 3d FPS style game. Actually, the only accessible game I know of
that is like what I'm thinking of is Jedi Quake, and while decent it
could use some accessibility improvements to make it fully accessible
in my opinion. I know using my G3D engine I could do just that. So I
think, personally, that it would be to our advantage to start with a
3d FPS game like Jedi Knight to get people interested in that style
and genre of game.

Cheers!