Hi Pitermach,

Well, see that's the problem with something like Star Wars though. Its
grown way beyond the original books and movies. There are several
different series, several books, cartoons, games, and comicbooks.
There is so much history and so many expanded characters that it would
be impossible for me to fully explain it to someone like yourself. I
guess if you wanted to know who Mara Jade was, how she became Luke
Skywalker's wife, you'd have to read all the books she was in. Not
only that you would certainly want to read them in some chronilogical
order as Mara Jade started out as a Sith apprentice of the Emperor's
but Luke eventually turned her to the light side of the force, and
eventually they fell in love and married in the later books. She has
become an extremely important character in the expanded universe, and
for someone like myself Mara Jade is as well known to me as Luke
Skywalker. The best I could doo is point you to an article on
Wookieepedia.com which gives you a revised history of her life and
death in the expanded universe.

Cheers!